Saturday 30 May 2015

Afridi eyes build-up towards World T20 World Cup

Share it Please
shahid Afridid

Afridi eyes build-up towards World T20s

The security arrangements had been the focus since Zimbabwe's arrival in Pakistan but on the eve of the first ever Twenty20 international at the Gaddafi Stadium, the attention returned to cricket. With ten months to go for the World T20 in India, Shahid Afridi, the Pakistan captain, had his eyes on giving the revamped squad a good test. The two T20Is against Zimbabwe were a chance to experiment before they settle on a core group, he said. "I had requested the selectors to give me three to four new players for the series.

" Afridi said. "In the last three months of our preparation, I don't like to see changes in the team so that the same set of players go to the World T20s and their morale remains high. It's selectors' responsibility. I don't want to interfere in their work. I want to work together with them and form a good team. "When you are focusing on World T20, you have to do experiments," he said. "You try to work on weak areas to do well. It's good that the selection committee is doing its work.

As a captain I will do my work, coaches will do their job. If we concentrate on our areas the results will be good." The inclusion of allrounder Shoaib Malik and fast bowler Mohammad Sami had been surprising but the selectors also included uncapped 19-year-old opener Nauman Anwar and former under-19 captain Imad Wasim. Anwar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti and Hammad Azam also returned to the squad, while Saad Nasim, Imran Khan and Haris Sohail were dropped from the T20 squad that played against Bangladesh in Mirpur last month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment